Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So I haven't posted in 2+ months. Oh, well. Life has been busy.

Jeffery moved to a new permanent home. Yes, he moved. That means I have just my 2 kids. I feel like a free woman again. I miss him sometimes, but I do love having time to blink without the mommy guilt associated with having too many kids too close in age.

I can't even think of what else has been going on. We paid off $5700 worth of credit card debt with our tax return. Yes, we've changed our withholdings for next year. But it's sure nice to be almost out of debt.

I did exciting things with the other $300 from the tax return.

We had a plumber come and fix our pipes. I know my life is too cool for school. I guess pipes are an ongoing problem for this house. Good thing the previous owners forgot to mention that when they sold to us. Lovely. But now I can do laundry every day, not just when the moon is waxing and it's an even numbered day and the sky is clear. Makes life easier.

Next, I spent almost $200 on cloth diapers. Yes, cloth diapers. And I'm loving them. I actually spent $100 on Kissaluvs diapers and found that I didn't like them, so I sold them today for $90. It was worth $10 to try them. They're good diapers, just not for me.

So I bought bumGenius diapers. Love them! More to come on them later.



Onto my kids. Sam turned 2 on January 9 and he's a wild man these days. Jeffery moving threw him for a loop, so he's really clingy, too. Wild and clingy. Seems impossible, but not for my kid. He's taken to announcing what drives by our house, and things are either a "bus,", a "VU" (suv) or a "fuck" (truck). He also announces trucks in public. Nothing like my two year old yelling "FUCK" at the top of his lungs to keep me humble.

Abigail is 5 1/2 months old and is a chunk. She's over 15 1/2lb and just keeps growing. She's short and fat. Just like Mommy. She's pulling everything to her mouth, and especially likes Sam's fingers when they're covered in food. So much for the exclusive breastmilk for the first 6 months. She's tried "messy fingers" one too many times for that.

Jimmy is now applying for jobs all over. I told him I'd live anywhere except Colorado for the next two years. Let's hope I don't live to regret that.

I've also actually been knitting. Socks. Lots and lots of socks. And hats for charity. Maybe I'll start writing about knitting sometime in the future. Who knows?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home